Re: xAP News 3 beta 1 released

Stuart Booth wrote:

>Hey James,
>
>Couple of minor problemettes here:
>
>1. It starts up as an icon in the system tray. If I right click this
>icon and select Exit I get a "Run-time error 424, Object
required"
>message.

hmm, i'll look in to this. If you run the intranet launcher, the news
icon will disapear from the tray and it's menu will appear in the
Launcher. Exit seems to work fine from there, so it's probably the code
that checks and removes the menu from launcher that has gone wrong :-(

>2. I wasn't able to repeat this but when I started it, I initially
>didn't realise it had gone straight to the system tray. So on seeing
>nothing happen I 2x-clicked the News3.exe a second time. This left me
>with multiple instances in the system tray (hence why I found #1). I
>then fired up the "Show me" option but it was unable to
connect to
>port 54000 after it invoked a web browser. However, on shutting things
>down and restarting a (single) News3, the web page worked fine.

It doesn't have any detection of other instances at the moment so only
the first copy will get the web port. I need to add an option to set the
web port, or even make it dynamic as you don't really need to know it,
assuming you use the launcher that is ;-)

>3. Speling eror:
>
>"Any news reader on your network can access news feeds through xAP
News instead of **collecing** from..."

OOPS!  well it was only one

>Looks good!

:-)