Re: Tivo Suggestions

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:10:38 -0400, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<gsullivan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Having finally just bought a Series 1 tivo, I need some suggestions.
>
>1. Of the three methods available (post to TivoWeb, OSD-YAC conversion,
>and native Tivo hub/listener) what is the recommended way of getting
XAP
>OSD messages onto the screen?

Must admit I've not got mine configured at the moment. Every now and
then TiVo reboots and resets itself and I have to reinstall everything
- all the 'extra s/w bits' anyway - which gets annoying. YAC has been
one of the casualties of this and I usually only bother with the
extraction s/w nowadays.

But I've been meaning to update this side of things as I use James'
Message.Display schema exclusively for OSD nowadays (ie MCxAP for
Windows MCE and my Slims). So it is very definitely on the ToDo list,
but I'm updating a couple of other things at the moment.

>2. Can someone ship me some UK CID xap messages to test with?

Think you got one of these elsewhere?

>Was I ever assigned a vendor ID?  I talked about it in previous
>messages, but I don't remember, and I can't find a page in the Wiki
that
>lists them...

There was a smaller list published elsewhere just recently, possibly
from StuartP perhaps? I guess whatever you'd like to use will be
available, so just shout up I think!!

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/