Re: xAP Desktop and web cams?

--------------060604060706090007020805

Paul,

Currently Desktop can only download and display images from http:// as
this is usually how webcams/image server present their images. Is there
no option in geovision to grab the image straight from the webserver? If
not does iis serve the same folder that the ftp is set to, in which case
you can download from there? Often the useful image download options get
offered in the netscape version of webcam websites rather than the fancy
activeX versions.
I will look at expanding dekstop to cover local, non web, file access.
shouldn't be too hard!

James

Paul Gale wrote:

> Hi,
>
> James may be able to answer this one – I have a Geovision CCTV system
> and the new software now allows me to upload continual JPG images to
> an FTP server. This is located locally on my home network.
>
> Q – can the webcam part of xAP Desktop display a local image via a
> path such as h:\ftp\image1.jpg or \\ftpserver\ftp\image1.jpg etc? If
> so, what is the syntax in the config file?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul.
>
> */Paul Gale/*
>
> */Director/*
>
> */paul@xxxxxxx/*
>
> */Silicon Pixel Limited/*
>
> */Tel: +44 (0)1367 243317/*
>
> */Fax: +44 (0)1367 244970/*

--------------060604060706090007020805

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Paul,<br>
Currently Desktop can only download and display images from <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://";>http://</a> as
this is usually how webcams/image server present their images. Is there
no option in geovision to grab the image straight from the webserver?
If not does iis serve the same folder that the ftp is set to, in which
case you can download from there? Often the useful image download
options get offered in the netscape version of webcam websites rather
than the fancy activeX versions.<br>
I will look at expanding dekstop to cover local, non web, file access.
shouldn't be too hard!<br>
James<br>
Paul Gale wrote:
cite="midA016D698CB79874CAE4CD3663E69BA4905413B@xxxxxxx"
type="cite">
">
version 6.5.7226.0">
<title>xAP Desktop and web cams?</title>
<!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
face="Arial"
face="Arial" size="2">James
may be able to answer this one</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span
lang="en-gb"> <font face="Arial"
size="2">–</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span
lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial"
size="2"> I
have a Geovision CCTV system and the new software now allows me to
upload</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb">
face="Arial" size="2">continual JPG images to an FTP
server. This is
face="Arial"
size="2">Q</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb">
size="2">–</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span
lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial"
size="2">
can the webcam part of xAP Desktop display a local image
via</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span lang="en-gb">
path such as h:\ftp\image1.jpg or</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span
lang="en-gb"> <font face="Arial"
size="2">\\ftpserver\ftp\image1.jpg</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span
lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial"
size="2">
etc? If so, what is the syntax in the config
face="Arial"
size="2">Thanks,</font></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span></p>
lang="en-gb"></span><a name=""><span
lang="en-gb"><font face="Arial"
lang="en-gb"><font color="#8000ff"
face="Arial" size="2">Paul
lang="en-gb"><font color="#8000ff"
face="Arial"
lang="en-gb"><font color="#8000ff"
face="Arial" size="2"><a
lang="en-gb"></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span></p>
lang="en-gb"><font color="#8000ff"
face="Arial" size="2">Silicon Pixel
lang="en-gb"></span><span
lang="en-gb"></span></p>
lang="en-gb"><font color="#8000ff"
face="Arial" size="2">Tel: +44 (0)1367
lang="en-gb"><font color="#8000ff"
face="Arial" size="2">Fax: +44 (0)1367
lang="en-gb"></span></p>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<tt><hr width="500">
<ul>
<li>To visit your group on the web, go to:<br><a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/</a><br>&nbsp;
<li>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<br><a
href="mailto:xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a><br>&nbsp;