Re: Netiom-xAP

  • Subject: Re: Netiom-xAP
  • From: "Rob Kearns" <robkearns@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 21:19:33 -0000

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James Traynor <james@m...> wrote:

> A very simple vb code for sedning a message would look like this:
>
>  <snipped>
>
> That every line ends in a chr$(10)
> That if the Source= line contains a :  that the uid doesn't end in a
00
> That if the Source= line doesn't contains a :  that the uid does end
in a 00

Hi James, Thanks for the code. I'm actually using Smalltalk but I
doubled checked the message format. I also used your xAP Hub Console
to check the hex dump of my message against the resend from your Gui
hub. The messages match exactly.

One difference I've noticed it that I'm broadcasting my message to
3639 from a difference port each time but the resend always sends it
from the port I've registered with the hub e.g. 3640.

I've found the following line in the xAP spec:

"the xAPp will send all outgoing messages to the host-ip broadcast
address on the xAP base port number"

This sounds like I should send all messages from port 3639.

I don't see why the source port for a UDP broadcast should be a
problem but do you think that it explains why my messages are ignored
by the netiom but the resends are ok.

Thanks
Rob