Re: newbie help please

>The advent of xAP netiom appears to be my Eldorado.

It is one of those missing link products, especially when linked up with
HomeSeer or Floorplan or both! It's well worth getting.

>Before I dive in and completely screw my HA server with conflicts
(which
>usually happens to me) I figured it'd be good to learn a bit about what
>was letting myself in for.
>
>The weather app looked simple enough for a start, but I can't get it to
work
>for me.
> The bbc id for Aberdeen is 1000 so in it went, hmmm I got a report
dated
>20030101 misty.

it looks like the id= is missing from the config file. If you set the
top two lines to:

Station=id=1000
Forecast=id=1000

it should work fine. (Does here) BBC weather feeds are either id= or
world= and that info is needed by xAPWeather.

No other xAP running so I don't need a xAP hub (yes?)

Correct, if there is only one xAP application then you don't need a hub.

HTH

James