newbie help please

Hi

first post and very newbie

I run Homeseer on win98 pc and want more I/O, I use one VIOM on a serial
port (Heating/irrigation/etc) but it is now full on the output ports and
nearly full on inputs.

The advent of xAP netiom appears to be my Eldorado.

Before I dive in and completely screw my HA server with conflicts (which
usually happens to me) I figured it'd be good to learn a bit about what I
was letting myself in for.

The weather app looked simple enough for a start, but I can't get it to
work
for me.

I have ( not ha server) PC win98 on network with broadband router/firewall

No other xAP running so I don't need a xAP hub (yes?) I once down loaded
XAP
desktop in a moment of rashness but when I tried to run it, it wanted XP
which I don't have so I back burnered it.

>From the guide I used my bbc weather page id Lat/Long, with which I am
familiar with any way but I looked 'em up just to be sure. Result
"StationNotFound", fair enough no suitable data, So I used the
default
settings, same result. I went looking for a NASA id and for no better
reason
than it was the first on the list I used Aberdeen epgd (I got lat/long off
bbc site) same result, as an aside I edited the ini file so that the code
was capitalised EPGD - bingo - (different forecast than the bbc mind but
progress none the less)  and the XAP window displays in lower case for the
id. The bbc id for Aberdeen is 1000 so in it went, hmmm I got a report
dated
20030101 misty.

Ini file that works for NASA/Aberdeen looks like this:-

xAP Weather Settings
--------------------

Station=EGPD
Forecast=

Longitude=-2.067
Latitude=57.167
CorF=c

Proxy=
UID=4001
TimeBetweenSends=600
TimeBetweenCollections=1200
AdjSunrise=
AdjSunset=
Slimp3=No
Tivo=No

I changed the EGPD to 1000 for the failed bbc attempt.

Any guidance on what I missed / did wrong greatly appreciated
I've no idea what the Proxy= is for so I just left it blank (yes?) and I
wasn't asked to ad Sunrise or set.
Andyw