RE: Double Messages

I did try to swap the dlls, and it blew up...

I will try the console app when I get home, but I am using the service
version (services are where it's at for
"always-need-to-be-running-on-my-server" apps) and it is working
fine
with the HubMode commented out, it just might step on some other apps
toes, if it expects to use port 3640.  But I don't have any app on that
port, so it's working.

So I'll try, and report back, but I probably won't use it long term,
since the service works fine for now...

Thanks for the quick answer...

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.=20=20

Behalf Of Stuart Booth
> Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 2:19 PM
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Double Messages
>=20
> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:20:43 -0400, "Sullivan, Glenn"
> <gsullivan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> >I figured it out...
>=20
> Nice one! I was going to dig out the message about configurating the
> xFx apps for this problemette. I've got a little paper-based ToDo list
> to my left right now which just has "gracefully ignore
unrecognised
> parameters" written down on it. I'll add the "GUI
configuration of
> network  interface" item to it before the thought evaporates
again.
>=20
> >It seems that TivoYacOSD does not play well with others...
> >
> >It was grabbing the hub port, even though there was already=20
> a hub running.
> >
> >I commented out the "xAPHubMode=3DAuto" line in the
.config=20
> file, and it seems to have solved the problem.
>=20
> Ahhh, that one hasn't seen any lovin' for quite some time now. It's
> using a different method internally to connect to the xAP network. I
> guess that means older xFx-based xAPps aren't entirely compatible with
> newer builds.
>=20
> >But, it is using the old "port-find" logic of grabbing
the=20

 http://www.xapframework.net/
>=20
>=20