Re: Version Control - was Re: BSCMapper 1.0.0.7 released

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 16:34:15 -0000, "turner228"
<kevin@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I did make some observations for the monitoring of versions on a xAP
>network here :-
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xAP_developer/message/1350

66
This is particularly true if you are trying to workout which vendors
version of the app you have and which version it is, wether there is
an update, and how to contact them.

To solve some of this, I would like to suggest that we have a
xAP.Audit schema where the apps would respond, if they were able, to
an audit request with information like Appname, Appversion,
Appversiondate,vendor, vendorurl,currenthost
99

I was wondering much the same just recently in fact...

66
Was any thought to application or hardware firmware version
information publication ever considered?

I was just watching Viewer expand all the xAPps on my home area
network and wondered if they were all up-to-date or not. I've been
updating them recently, and I don't have an easy way to know what
version of s/w is running anywhere for instance - without checking
each individually and directly that is.

Maybe that would be an on-demand status broadcast as opposed to a
regular lifetime heartbeat. Another thing to discover on the network
perhaps, along with configuration.
99

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/