Re: Desktop Panel creation

Glenn,

So of this should be possible. Collecting an html and extracting the
lat/long should be ok, but for display in Desktop it needs to be an
image which is where it will get tricky. In the partner program to
Dekstop, Touchscreen, I have an embedded web browser I'll look at
getting that ported over. That might take a while as HomeSeer will take
up most of my time for a while.  It is possible to make a button in a
Desktop panel to launch a web page ( see the news display for an
example) but it's not exactly ideal either. I'll think on on this issue
as it would be very, very nice to see a googlemaps page in Desktop. It
may be possible to use Switchboard as a sort of proxy and for it to do
some conversions as required.

James

Sullivan, Glenn wrote:

>I decided to have a bit of a play with the Google maps api, and thought
>it would be cool to use my results in a xAP Desktop Panel, but I'm not
>sure where to start.
>
>I wrote a quick little .NET app that does this:
>
>1. Does a generic Google search for a phone number
>    Most US phone numbers give "Google Phonebook" results
when searched