RE: receiving serial data/email alerts?

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 15:50 +0100, Paul Gale wrote:
> Thanks Kevin,
>
> I know I can do this with HV but wanted to try it the xAP route if
possible. Looks like there just isn't the functionality of HV serial
handling yet in a xAP application?

> I have an HV pro and all the ports are used - don't really want to
spend anything on an additional serial port unless there's some kind of
device that allows multiple additional serial ports?

> I guess ACE is the way forward then - unfortunately my ACE install
stopped working for some reason - won't even load :(

> Just thinking - instead of the physical splitting of the RS232 lines
into two - is there some kind of serial mapping software that will forward
on received data and appear to other applications like a serial port
itself? I have 10 serial ports on the server and they're all in use!!!

> Does the netiom have all the logic necessary to deal with custom
serial data? I don't know much about them.

> Paul.

xAPHomeVision is about to be relaunched. Major upgrading, ahem,
supporting BSC 1.3.

It seems to be working here OK, so will be uploaded to my website over
the weekend.

Likewise, BSCMapper is working fine and about to be uploaded. The extra
functionality is a Load/Save configuration, plus a lot of work under the
hood by Mary and Kevin, to allow an "inverted map" between BSC
endpoints.

On the HV stuff, can you give me a bit more detail on what functionality
you'd like added, and we can add to the worklist? Mary's diary is a lot
more free as of Monday next week.

Mark