From: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
[mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Robert Kearns
Sent: 05 July 2005 20:19
To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Netiom-xAP

Hi Dave & Kevin,

Thanks for the responses.

The device is a great bit of kit its just that as a new user is
difficult to work out the message formats. The examples in the
included documentation are not very clear so I've had to ask on this
forum, maybe more explicit examples would help. I don't mean to
criticise only hoping to make it easier for novices to use.

Kevin, I tried blanking out the input name for the electricity meter,
works a treat. The amount of traffic in itself isn't a problem. It's
just easier to debug and monitor messages through the hub etc, when
there isn't a constant stream of message especially when the kettle is
turned on :-).

In light of Roys response I think the overflow handling is correct.
I'd actually already implemented his recommendation of reset the
counter before it overflows. I now read the counter for the
electricity meter every minute and reset if once it reaches 32,000,
which is all to quickly.

Rob