RE: Light levels

------=_NextPart_000_00D3_01C57F68.DB0B14B0

James

Thanks for your thoughts. It sounds as is I am heading in the same
direction as you did. I am certainly trying to keep it simple and I
agree that the sensor position will be absolutely critical.

I was concerned about the impact of season changes and I see that you
did find it was a problem. I guess I will have to wait and see for that
one!

The Netiom certainly does make it easier. I am just using cheap LDRs
with variable pots into the analogue inputs. I have currently set the
Netiom to generate messages when the level changes by 5%. This seems to
work quite well as I don't get too much traffic but it does pick up any
significant changes in level very quickly.

Like you I am just using a recurring event (every minute) to check the
light level and adjust the lights up or down if the level is out of
band. My band is quite wide at the moment (about 20%). I may reduce it a
little but I intend to keep it reasonably wide to avoid unnecessary
changes.

We probably have one advantage in that we don't have many blinds or
curtains to cause rapid changes in light! The nearest house from the
kitchen window is about 2 miles away..

I'll let you know how things proceed.

BR
David