RE: Netiom-xAP

>Interested to know if you've found a BSC message that should work that
>seems not to David, I think I have most working here...

I tried a few permutations of a BSC command but didn't find one that
worked for the counter. I tried the netiom command and it worked
straight away so I sent it to Rob. I haven't tried all permutations but
I believe the messages I was sending were valid. I will try again when I
have a bit more time.

>There are still a few teething problems with the Netiom and message
>formats. For example, it is case sensitive with alphabetic hex
>characters in the ID.
>
>:-(  oops that may be my fault - I notice that I haven't stipulated in
>the BSC specification that ID should be uppercase only :-(  - I had
>assumed because it matches against the UID field which is defined in
the
>xAP main spec as uppercase only that they would always be presented as
>uppercase.  I guess an ideal implementation should ucase() the ID
>field.      It's always tempting to use ID=* too but that causes Netiom

>to have to check far more permutations so it is slower and to be
avoided
>if possible.

> I know that Roy is going to be fixing this.
>Unfortunately it causes a problem with Homeseer in that outputs 10 to
15
>(ID 1A to 1F) cannot be controlled from simple device control in HS as
>the BSC messages that are generated are not recognised.
>The good news is that once you have worked out a message format that
>works you don't have to worry about it again!
>

>Does Netiom expect lowercase then in ID and HS issues uppercase  ?  -
>unfortunate.....   missed that one in the beta testing.
Absolutely correct. I think this must have changed in a later beta
because I certainly tested it in the earlier version. In fact most of my
testing was driven from Homeseer so I couldn't have avoided testing it!

Kevin