Re: Re: X10 Connector, Homeseer and All Lights off

--------------020109070704090900070304

Jeremy,

I have replaced the offending House= and uploaded an updated ocx,
hopefully this should fix things
http://www.mi4.biz/files/xaphomeseer/hspi_xAP_x10_test.zip

Let me know if it works

James

Jeremy Laurenson wrote:

> James' plugin is sending the bad data, however I did try my own send
> command. I am off on business right now, so I suppose I will play more
> when I get back.

.

--------------020109070704090900070304

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
<title></title>
</head>

Jeremy,<br>
I have replaced the offending House= and uploaded an updated ocx,
hopefully this should fix things<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mi4.biz/files/xaphomeseer/hspi_xAP_x10_test.zip";>http://www.mi4.biz/files/xaphomeseer/hspi_xAP_x10_test.zip</a><br>
Let me know if it works<br>
James<br>
Jeremy Laurenson wrote:
type="cite">
">
name="GENERATOR">
class="071300714-28012005"><font
color="#0000ff" face="Arial"
size="2">James' plugin is sending the bad
data, however I did try my own send command. I am off on business right
now, so I suppose I will play more when I get
class="071300714-28012005"></span>&nbsp;</div>
dir="ltr" lang="en-us">
<hr tabindex="-1"><font face="Tahoma"
size="2"><b>From:</b> Edward
Pearson [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:edward.mailgroup@xxxxxxx";>mailto:edward.mailgroup@xxxxxxx</a>]
<b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a><br>
<b>Subject:</b> RE: [xap_automation] Re: X10 Connector,
Homeseer and
All Lights off<br>
class="171200411-28012005"><font
color="#0000ff" face="Arial" size="2">Well
spotted Kevin. It should be
'device' not 'house' coming out of
class="171200411-28012005"></span>&nbsp;</div>
class="171200411-28012005"><font
color="#0000ff" face="Arial"
size="2">Jeremy - a useful tool to&nbsp; have
is xAPSend from xAPFramework.net that allows you to send xAP messages
from a text file. Very handy for isolating
dir="ltr" lang="en-us">
<hr tabindex="-1"><font face="Tahoma"
size="2"><b>From:</b> turner228
[<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:kevin@xxxxxxx";>mailto:kevin@xxxxxxx</a>] <br>
<b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a><br>
<b>Subject:</b> [xap_automation] Re: X10 Connector, Homeseer
and All
Lights off<br>
<tt><br>
Hi<br>
I dont use an x-10 connector but&nbsp; I guess you are using a script
or <br>
event in Homeseer.<br>
The X-10 schema says<br>
xap-x10.request<br>
{<br>
command=(all_lights_on  all_lights_off  all_units_off)<br>
-- mandatory<br>
device=(X10 house code being addressed A-P) <br>
-- mandatory<br>
}<br>
ie device= <br>
not house=<br>
HTH<br>
Kevin<br>
--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"Jeremy Laurenson" <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:jeremy@l...";>&lt;jeremy@l...&gt;</a>
wrote:<br>
&gt; Sure:<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have a CM11A on a
Windows XP machine running the X10 <br>
connector service<br>
&gt; on Com1.<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If I run xAP Message
Viewer and I press an all lights off <br>
button on a<br>
&gt; Smarthome 8button controller<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; all the lights turn off as
expected and I see:<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&gt; xap-header<br>
&gt; {<br>
&gt; v=12<br>
&gt; hop=1<br>
&gt; uid=FF182000<br>
&gt; class=xAP-X10.Event<br>
&gt; source=ERSP.X10.betsy-xp<br>
&gt; }<br>
&gt; xAP-X10.Event<br>
&gt; {<br>
&gt; command=AllUnitsOff<br>
&gt; device=J<br>
&gt; }<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If I send a
command from the homeseer app I see:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; xap-header<br>
&gt; {<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; v=12<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hop=1<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; uid=FF411100<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
class=xap-x10.request<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
source=mi4.homeseer.server.Master<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
target=ERSP.X10.betsy-xp<br>
&gt; }<br>
&gt; xap-x10.request<br>
&gt; {<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
command=all_units_off<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; house=J<br>
&gt; }<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Or<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; xap-header<br>
&gt; {<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; v=12<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; hop=1<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; uid=FF411100<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
class=xap-x10.request<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
source=mi4.homeseer.server.Master<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
target=ERSP.X10.betsy-xp<br>
&gt; }<br>
&gt; xap-x10.request<br>
&gt; {<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
command=all_lights_off<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; house=J<br>
&gt; }<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Neither actually send the codes to the power line.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; ________________________________<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; From: Edward Pearson [<a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:edward.mailgroup@b";>mailto:edward.mailgroup@b</a>...]
&gt; Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 12:45 AM<br>
&gt; To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a><br>
&gt; Subject: RE: [xap_automation] X10 Connector, Homeseer and All
Lights off<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hi Jeremy,<br>
&gt;&nbsp; <br>
&gt; can you give some more detail on the All Units/Lights problem
please then I<br>
&gt; can try to replicate it.<br>
&gt; (this is assuming that you're using the connector from <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.erspearson.com";>www.erspearson.com</a>
-<br>
&gt; there is more than one flavour).<br>
&gt;&nbsp; <br>
&gt; In the first instance it would be easiest for me to fix it - but
if you have<br>
&gt; a copy of MS Visual Studio C# then I could send you the project
code and you<br>
&gt; could take a look.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; <br>
&gt; There are no plans to remove support for the X10 schema from the
connector -<br>
&gt; it will always be useful to drop down to that level in some
circumstances<br>
&gt; (eg, to be able to use a non-standard device).<br>
&gt;&nbsp; <br>
&gt; The next major release, not imminent, will separate the <br>
configuration from<br>
&gt; the connector so you'll be able to configure it (and other xAP
applications)<br>
&gt; from any computer on the network.<br>
&gt;&nbsp; <br>
&gt; Edward<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; ________________________________<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; From: Jeremy [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:jeremy@l";>mailto:jeremy@l</a>...] <br>
&gt; Sent: 27 January 2005 00:06<br>
&gt; To: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a><br>
&gt; Subject: [xap_automation] X10 Connector, Homeseer and All Lights
off<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Hi all,<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I am using the X10 connector on a machine and Homeseer with the
xAP <br>
&gt; plugin elsewhere.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I can send and receive the on/off codes I need but there seems to
be <br>
&gt; some incompatibility with Dim/Bright and All Units or All Lights
&gt; on/off<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; My questions are these:<br>
&gt; Which app (I assume x10 connector) is at fault, and how can I fix
it?<br>
&gt; Will the raw x10 commands always be part of the spec?<br>
&gt; (I am writing to X10 codes and do not want to be managing
device<br>
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; names on the X10 connector slave PC)<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; TIA<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; J<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; ________________________________<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Yahoo! Groups Links<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; *&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To visit your
group on the web, go to:<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/</a><br>
&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;
&gt; *&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To unsubscribe
from this group, send an email to:<br>
&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a><br>
&gt; &lt;<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="mailto:xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx";>mailto:xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>?<br>
subject=Unsubscribe&gt; <br>
&gt; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;
&gt; *&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service<br>
&gt; &lt;<a href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/</a>&gt;
.<br>
</tt><br>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<tt><hr width="500">
<ul>
<li>To visit your group on the web, go to:<br><a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/";>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xap_automation/</a><br>&nbsp;
<li>To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<br><a
href="mailto:xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe";>xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a><br>&nbsp;