X10 and xAP

Hi everyone, I was pointed to xAP from someone on UKHA. What I am trying to
do is write a website (hopefully in php) that will control my X10 modules.
At the moment though I just want to get something working offline.

I have downloaded and installed the message sender (Send-v1.2.8.1.zip) and
X10 connector (X10-CM1xConnector_GUI-v1.0.1587.36821.zip). But now what do
I do? I have tried to make a text file to be sent with the sender:

{
v=12
hop=1
uid=FF182000
class=xap-x10.request
source=acme.my.controller
target=X10-CM1xConnector
}

xap-x10.request
{
command=(on)
device=(A1)
}

but when I send it, nothing happens. The message doesn't even come up in
the X10 GUI. It doesn't look too compicated, but how do I find out what the
target should be, and what about the UID?

Thanks for any help :)