Now xAP Netiom was Re: Why so few messages on here?

David Buckley wrote:

>--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:
>

>>   In a couple of weeks you will see the launch of the
>>first independent hardware product with embedded xAP support.
>>This will be the xAP Netiom from Phaedrus, makers of the VIOM.
>>

>As the owner of a couple of ordinary Netioms, whats the xAP one gonna
>do, who is doin' the code?  I'll hope I can get my PIC reflashed!

The xAP Netiom adds xAP support for all of the I/O in the Netiom plus
some new 'virtual' I/O  .  The code has been written and implemented
directly by the manufacturer - Phaedrus. I believe that you will be able
to upgrade the processor in the standard Netiom with Phaedrus for a
nominal cost , it is a different processor so you can't just reflash the
ones you have.

So you will have an Ethernet connected....

16 Digital Inputs
16 Digital Outputs
4 Analog Inputs
1 Bi-directional Serial Port
16 Virtual 'outputs'
16 Counters
16 Low latches
16 High Latches

+ embedded web server, email triggers etc

So.. over a hundred endpoints in the device each fully functional under
BSC v1.3 and useable over Ethernet.   Each endpoint can be individually
named and enabled and for the counters and analog inputs a hysteresis
can be applied such that a certain level of change is required before
xAPBSC.event messages are sent.  BSC info and events are supported on
all I/O as is wildcard addressing and hierarchical xAP addresses in both
the application and each endpoint.  All I/O can be set via xAP eg
Counters, Latches etc and the usual Netiom configuration application ,
enhanced with xAP detail, is used to download the core configuration to
the board.

Differences to standard Netiom (TBC)
===========================

xAP support using BSC schema
Client mode has been replaced by xAP
email triggers ARE now  retained :-)   (previously they were to be
removed due to codespace restriction)
TimeBase polling has been increased to 10ms
Antibounce timing for switch connections on inputs
Addition of Virtual Outputs to trigger xAP messages eg from the embedded
Web pages

The antibounce has been added specifically to support HA applications
using switches directly onto the inputs, which may previously have
triggered duplicate times due to contact bounce.

Application Support
================

Because the implementation uses standard BSC then each endpoint will be
recognised automatically by any application supporting xAP and BSC v1.3

HOMESEER    (using the xAP plugin). Every endpoint appears as an
individual device in HOmeSeer and can be scripted, controlled via the UI
(right clicks, web inteface or TouchPad) , will reflect realtime status
and can  trigger macros etc.

XLOBBY    Using the XLobby xAP plugin will allow control and status
icons to be directly integrated into XLobby skins.

BSC MAPPER   -  will allow bi-directional  linkage to any other BSC
device eg C-Bus, X10.   So you can switch X10 or C-Bus devices from
contact closures on xAP Netiom or have outputs on xAP Netiom switched
from an X10 controller or a C-Bus switch , or indeed any other BSC device.

xAP DESKTOP -  can directly control or show the status of any of the
xAP Netiom endpoints

HOMEBRAIN ;-)

Normal  software dev tools available to rapidly support xAP Netiom eg
xAP OCX, xFX Framework and xAP BSC skelton application (work in progress
- VB6)

Still probably a  couple of weeks aways , just in beta test now.
Will let you all know here when available.

Kevin