xFx TOM10 plug in

  • Subject: xFx TOM10 plug in
  • From: "g8kmh" <g8kmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:28:45 -0000

Having got to the testing stage of the DMX plug in I took a diversion
onto the TOM10. I now have an xAPFramework plug in which works fine
and is also into final test.

There is a delta value (by sensor) which once the temperature has
changed by that amount generates a xAPBSC.event. It also
generates .info messages periodically with a configurable interval
and a configurable subinstance per sensor. It displays straight onto
xAPFloorplan. If a sensor is configured but is not reported by the
TOM10 then '?' is returned for the level/state (also displays as ? on
xAPFloorplan) - useful to flag a possibly faulty sensor/wiring.

The one aspect which I haven't included is alarm high/alarm low.
Anyone have any special views on whether the sensor should have these
(like a thermostat with setpoint) or, my view, the consuming devices
are responsible?

BTW both of these are C#2005 and rely on the new serial port handling
in .NET 2.0 so aren't compatible with the current .NET 1.1 xFx.

Lehane