Re: Transforming xAP messages...?

  • Subject: Re: Transforming xAP messages...?
  • From: "g8kmh" <g8kmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:57:50 -0000

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Stuart Booth <lists@x...>
wrote:

> Cheers for the support, Andrew :)
>
> On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 18:48:10 +0000, Andrew Kilgore
> <andrew.kilgore@g...> wrote:
>
> >I'm assuming the documentation is auto-generated from the code
but, even so,
> >it seems totally complete.
>
> Well, there are a few gaps I'm not happy with, and the documentation
> is far from being as good as it could be, but you're right, it is
> indeed auto-generated from the XML comment blocks (using NDOC), and
> make a point of fixing any XML comment compilation warnings. I think
> it's missing links and examples the most though, because they're a
bit
> more awkward to code up than straightforward text.
>
> Does the compiled help file (.CHM) work for you or do you use the
> slightly older online documentation
(http://www.xapframework.net/doc)?

To me the order of usefulness has been:

Source code for modules.
The online docs and examples.
The chm file.
The xFx source.

Bearing in mind I'm still on the C# learning curve.

> I haven't updated that to the level of the latest version yet as it
> takes an age to upload. Edward has had problems with the CHM version
> so I'm just curious.
>
> As ever, if there's anything you find confusing, odd, incomplete, or
> simply lacking in sufficient documentation, do post away. I write up
> detailed 'technical notes' based on questions received, and they get
> included on the xFx site as well as in the much more substantial SDK
> release that I'm producing over Xmas.

Look forward to that.

The areas I had the most difficulties with were:

xAPBSC and resolving adressing (esp. subaddresses) and message type -
probably as there weren't any existing sources/examples to look at
and get one of those Aha! moments.
Multiple message bodies.

Regards,
Lehane