Re: Application for obtaining caller ID from a hackedBT Caller Display 50 (or similar)

Hi Kevin,

Annoyingly not as I found out yesterday!  When I was initially testing a
few
weeks back with some "call sign" switches, I saw them pass the
cid info
through to the phones, but didn't realise that it passed it through to BOTH
ports no matter what number had been called.  I assumed that the switches
buffered the cid info while it sorted out the distinctive ring and then
forwarded on the cid info / ringing to the correct port...... ar$e....

So at the moment I'm just using 2 of the hacked units to get the cid info
for the physical lines and trying to figure out a different approach to
sort
out the distinctive ring bit.

The SIN227 spec does allow for "calleD number" as part of the
data, but BT
don't appear to support it.

I'm playing with relays at the moment (!) which I think will allow me to
detect which port on the call sign switch is ringing and pass the
information to the PC via serial port.

So the next plan of action will be to have the xAP application grab the cid
info for the physical line, then check which port was ringing to work out
which of the distinctive ring numbers were called, and finally send out the
cid.incoming message.

These things are sent to try us....... but at the end of the day it should
still be possible to bring a solution together for relatively small outlay
(I've only spent about £15 so far).

Martyn