Re: Application for obtaining caller ID from a hacked BT Caller Display 50 (or similar)

Hi Martyn - You're using the BT distinctive ring devices to get 4 lines
from 2 .. just curious, is the CID data presented only on the
handset/display device that rings or on both the devices sitting on that
line simultaneously . I sort of thought the line reversal may pass to
both devices (or neither) but obviously the ring is delayed until it's
pattern is recognised.  Just wondering if your 4 line setup does
identify the lines individually ?

Kevin

Martyn Wendon wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been playing with various hacked Caller ID boxes for a while now
with a
> view to using them as a cheap way of getting CID information onto my
xAP
> network (I effectively have 4 lines here, 2 real & 2 via
distinctive