Re: Transforming xAP messages...?

Hi Andy,

I think you yourself are authoring the application that sends the
incoming caller ID xAP message... ??  If so you could also just
accompany this each time with a corresponding OSD message (ie your
application would just send both messages). You would probably have a
configuration option to enable/disable this feature.  Glenn has some
good suggestions below on applications that can effectively watch for
the incoming CID xAP message as a trigger to onwardly generate OSD
messages.  Switchboard does this specifically for incoming CID messages
and FloorPlan/Desktop implement more generalised 'see this > do that'
script engines.  If you are using Martyn's xAP conduit then you need the
external trigger/event solution which actually is neater in that it
decouples the functions more.
I will have a look at adding support for raw CID data into xAPTel
too at the same time as I revisit the modem support , having just
received a data sample from you and further prompted  by the arrival of
a Zoom modem from KevinT today ;-)
Just a slight caveat on xPL HAL - it has a bug/issue in the
scriptable bridge code that can cause memory issues in high traffic
conditions. (too many concurrent threads get launched and it crashes) .
TonyT was going to fix this but I think with his abandoning of xPL it
might not now happen.

Kevin

Sullivan, Glenn wrote:
> In that specific case:
> xAP Switchboard...
>
> But in general, either roll you own (xAP Framework.net makes it REAL
> easy to do, if you are familiar with VB or C# at all) or use something
> that has a rules engine.  xAP Desktop and xAP Floorplan come to mind,
> as does xplHAL, as it also speaks xAP.
>
> HTH,
>
> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
> David Clark Company Inc.