Re: Application for obtaining caller ID from hacked box...?

Hi Andy,

Send me (offlist) a few complete example packets of the CID data -
including the lead in characters (which can be random as the modem
synchs to the data stream) and I'll see about adding some support in
xAPTel for these 'raw' devices. This won't happen quickly but I do need
to revisit general modem support in xAPTel and I'll look at adding it
then.
I did my own CD50 hack a while back but since moving I haven't yet
re-discovered that unit, I have another one here (and some similar to
the unit you used) which  I could hack which would allow some testing
but in practice I expect I'm just not going to get around to it . As
xAPTel uses the Active CTI OCX for the Meteor I'm guessing that you see
nothing when using xAPTel with your device ?
I'll refresh myself on the appropriate SIN document from BT too.  I
am very keen to see if the raw incoming data actually sets the 'messages
waiting' parameter as that would be most useful to me.  Do you use 1571
? If so an example packet when there is a new message waiting would be
most appreciated.

Kevin