xAP for Z-Wave - I need C# assistance

  • Subject: xAP for Z-Wave - I need C# assistance
  • From: "davepow16" <Davepow16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 02:07:49 -0000

Hello all,

Some of you may know me as Squintz from the HomeSeer and CocoonTech
message boards.

I have started to takle a C# project which will utilize the
ControlThink Z-wave SDK. So far I have created a solution which
contains a Windows Service Project, A windows service Installer, and
an XML configuration GUI for setting up paramaters.

So far I have been able to run the server and use a TCP/IP client to
communicate with my windows Service.

Now I am at the point that I find most difficult and I am turning to
you guys for help.  I have never implemented any protocol before not
to mention implementing one generated by someone else.

Can anyone assist me with getting started?

My initial idea was to have the client attempt to send some sort of
message to the server to make initial contact.  Then the server
would eventually return a list of ALL available devices and
supported methods and properties of each device.  Then the client
could access those methods and properties as needed.

However, I was pointed in the direction of xAP because it would make
it much easier to implement the server across multiple Home
Automation Software products.  Two name the two in mind: HomeSeer
and Charmed Quark Controller.

Can I find C# code example of xAP implementations?

Thank you!
Feel free to contact me via e-mail.