Re: Now trying xAP Desktop.... but not displaying any info?

  • Subject: Re: Now trying xAP Desktop.... but not displaying any info?
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:36:41 -0000

Hi,

I have installed the MS loopback adapter and things have started
working in the HubGui. Also News now no longer displays, "xap not
receiving messages".

But Macro Magic and Xap gui or viewer still crash on About screen.

Also Desktop still not displaying anything? when i hover over icon it
says "xAP desktop remote mode not connected" how do i get it
connected? Also the icon is red.

I do have xap tv running.
Xap Hub is showing messages from xAP TV etc.

Thanks for your help so far!

Regards

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<gsullivan@d...> wrote:

> There's your problem... A network card, with nothing connected to it.
>
> xAP requires a running network of some type.  Even if it is the MS
> loopback adapter, you need an interface running.
>
> Can you plug the card into a hub or something?
>
> The other option would be to make a loopback "cable" but
that might
> cause you more grief that plugging into a $10 hub...
>

> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
> David Clark Company Inc.
Behalf Of Gary
> Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 1:51 PM
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [xap_automation] Re: Now trying xAP Desktop.... but not
> displaying any info?
>
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:
> >
> > Gary - as Glenn says the symptoms you describe indicate almost
> > certainly  that there is no hub running on the the machine you
are
> > using.   The very first xAP application that you launch on your
PC
> must
> > be a xAP hub (or an application that provides hub service for
example
> > xAP Viewer).  You can tell which application is sitting in the
hub
> > slot because it will be sending heartbeats with a port=3639 line
in
> them.
> > (In your case to see these messages you would have to run Viewer
on a
> > different PC as it will be 'deaf' on the same machine due to the
hub
> > issue).   I am guessing you have a xAP application launched
before the

> > hub started, perhaps you have installed a xAP application
starting as
> > a service ? Take a peek for any services beginning xAP....
>
> No xaps running as a service
>

> I have stopped it crashing it conflicts with macro magic
> http://www.iolo.com/mm/index.cfm
>
> if this is turned of then the About problem no longer crashing.
> Trouble is i use it a lot so can't do without it, but for now just to
> get xap working i will.
>

> > Now if xAP Hub is broken and you can't run it (as it might be due
> > that arith error) try quitting xAP hub and launching xAP Viewer
as the

> > very **first**  xAP application. It will act as a hub and should
say
> xFX
> yes it has that in title.
>

> > Hub in its title bar. If it just says 'Viewer' then something is
still

> > launching before it and grabbing the xAP port (3639)
> >
> > Also - one other possibility - do you have multiple network
interfaces

> > in use on this machine
>
> No
>

> Just to mention i do have network card but nothing connected to it i
> assume thats ok?
>
> What do i reqiure to send xap messages so that i can see them on the
> hub or viewer?
>
> Regards
>

> Gary

> > Gary wrote:
> > > As i am not allowed to put photos there, as not a member of
that
> group.
> > >
> > > So uploaded to this group in the photo section its called
"gary"

> > > I have shown 3 apps running news, thats says not getting xap
> messages,
> > > Desktop thats not showing anything and xap hub mentioning
arithmetic
> > > problem at base of app.
> > >

> > > hope this helps
> > >
> > > i do have .net framework 1.1 and 2 running (other software
needs
> .net
> > > framework 2.0) could this be problem?
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >

> > > Gary
> > >

> > > -- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"

access the
> internet

things in the right

so I can catch
> the
xAPplications on
> the

+ xAP Desktop

at all just the
> same

and gives
> following

invoking just-in-time

underflow in the
> arithmetic
family, Single

gdiCharSet, Boolean
familyName, Single emSize,

gdiCharSet)
KCS.xAP.Framework.Windows.About.InitializeComponent()

KCS.xAP.Applications.Hub.MainForm.menuHelpAbout_Activate(Object
Boolean A_2,
> Point

TD.SandBar.MenuBar.OnItemPush(ToolbarItemBase item, Point
TD.SandBar.ToolBar.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m,
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
> System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message&
> m)
System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd,
> Int32

mscorlib

file:///h:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/HubGUI.exe
> file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/KCS.Utilities.DLL
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPMessage.DLL

> file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77
> > >>>>
> file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/
> file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPTransport.DLL
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPUI.DLL

> file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f1
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/SandBar.DLL

> file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e

enable just in
> time
application or machine
value set in the