Re: Now trying xAP Desktop.... but not displaying any info?

  • Subject: Re: Now trying xAP Desktop.... but not displaying any info?
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 18:51:28 -0000

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:

> Gary - as Glenn says the symptoms you describe indicate almost
> certainly  that there is no hub running on the the machine you are
> using.   The very first xAP application that you launch on your PC
must
> be a xAP hub (or an application that provides hub service for example
> xAP Viewer).  You can tell which application is sitting in the hub
slot
> because it will be sending heartbeats with a port=3639 line in them.
> (In your case to see these messages you would have to run Viewer on a
> different PC as it will be 'deaf' on the same machine due to the hub
> issue).   I am guessing you have a xAP application launched before the
> hub started, perhaps you have installed a xAP application starting as
> service ? Take a peek for any services beginning xAP....

No xaps running as a service

I have stopped it crashing it conflicts with macro magic
http://www.iolo.com/mm/index.cfm

if this is turned of then the About problem no longer crashing.
Trouble is i use it a lot so can't do without it, but for now just to
get xap working i will.

> Now if xAP Hub is broken and you can't run it (as it might be due to
> that arith error) try quitting xAP hub and launching xAP Viewer as the
> very **first**  xAP application. It will act as a hub and should say
xFX
yes it has that in title.

> Hub in its title bar. If it just says 'Viewer' then something is still
> launching before it and grabbing the xAP port (3639)
>
> Also - one other possibility - do you have multiple network interfaces
> in use on this machine

No

Just to mention i do have network card but nothing connected to it i
assume thats ok?

What do i reqiure to send xap messages so that i can see them on the
hub or viewer?

Regards

Gary

> Gary wrote:
> > As i am not allowed to put photos there, as not a member of that
group.

> > So uploaded to this group in the photo section its called
"gary"

> > I have shown 3 apps running news, thats says not getting xap
messages,
> > Desktop thats not showing anything and xap hub mentioning
arithmetic
> > problem at base of app.
> >

> > hope this helps
> >
> > i do have .net framework 1.1 and 2 running (other software needs
.net
> > framework 2.0) could this be problem?
> >
> > Regards
> >

> > Gary
> >

> > -- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"
> > <gsullivan@d...> wrote:
> >
> >> Sure:
> >> http://tinyurl.com/2opqm
> >>

> >> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
> >> David Clark Company Inc.
Behalf Of Gary
> >> Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 8:12 AM
> >> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> >> Subject: [xap_automation] Re: Now trying xAP Desktop.... but
not
> >> displaying any info?
> >>
> >> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"

> >> Yes thats on and i allow it to let all xAP devices access the
internet
> >> when it asks.
> >>
> >> Is there a way that i can upload a pic of Hub etc as may
help?

> >> Regards
> >>

> >> Gary

can catch the
xAPplications on the

Desktop

all just the
same

gives
following

invoking just-in-time

the
arithmetic
family, Single

Boolean
Single emSize,
KCS.xAP.Framework.Windows.About.InitializeComponent()

KCS.xAP.Applications.Hub.MainForm.menuHelpAbout_Activate(Object
Boolean A_2, Point

item, Point
e)
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m,
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd,
Int32

mscorlib

file:///h:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/HubGUI.exe
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/KCS.Utilities.DLL
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPMessage.DLL

file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77

file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPTransport.DLL
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPUI.DLL

file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f1
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/SandBar.DLL

file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e

enabled.

jitDebugging="true" /> </configuration>

exception will be
sent