Re: Re: Now trying xAP Desktop.... but not displaying any info?

Gary - as Glenn says the symptoms you describe indicate almost
certainly  that there is no hub running on the the machine you are
using.   The very first xAP application that you launch on your PC must
be a xAP hub (or an application that provides hub service for example
xAP Viewer).  You can tell which application is sitting in the hub slot
because it will be sending heartbeats with a port=3639 line in them.
(In your case to see these messages you would have to run Viewer on a
different PC as it will be 'deaf' on the same machine due to the hub
issue).   I am guessing you have a xAP application launched before the
hub started, perhaps you have installed a xAP application starting as a
service ? Take a peek for any services beginning xAP....

Now if xAP Hub is broken and you can't run it (as it might be due to
that arith error) try quitting xAP hub and launching xAP Viewer as the
very **first**  xAP application. It will act as a hub and should say xFX
Hub in its title bar. If it just says 'Viewer' then something is still
launching before it and grabbing the xAP port (3639)

Also - one other possibility - do you have multiple network interfaces
in use on this machine

Gary wrote:
> As i am not allowed to put photos there, as not a member of that
group.

> So uploaded to this group in the photo section its called
"gary"

> I have shown 3 apps running news, thats says not getting xap messages,
> Desktop thats not showing anything and xap hub mentioning arithmetic
> problem at base of app.
>

> hope this helps
>
> i do have .net framework 1.1 and 2 running (other software needs .net
> framework 2.0) could this be problem?
>
> Regards
>

> Gary
>

> -- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"
> <gsullivan@d...> wrote:
>
>> Sure:
>> http://tinyurl.com/2opqm
>>

>> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
>> David Clark Company Inc.
Behalf Of Gary
>> Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 8:12 AM
>> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
>> Subject: [xap_automation] Re: Now trying xAP Desktop.... but not
>> displaying any info?
>>
>> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"
>> <gsullivan@d...> wrote:
>>
>>> So you see nothing at all in the Viewer window?
>>>
>>> Curious...
>>>
>>> XP Firewall turned on?
>>>
>> Yes thats on and i allow it to let all xAP devices access the
internet
>> when it asks.
>>
>> Is there a way that i can upload a pic of Hub etc as may help?
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> Gary
>>
>>> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
>>> David Clark Company Inc.

xAPplications on the

Desktop

just the same

just-in-time

Single

Boolean
KCS.xAP.Framework.Windows.About.InitializeComponent()

KCS.xAP.Applications.Hub.MainForm.menuHelpAbout_Activate(Object
A_2, Point

>>> A_3)

Point
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseDown(Message& m,
System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

file:///h:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/HubGUI.exe
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/KCS.Utilities.DLL
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPMessage.DLL

file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0__b77

file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e089/
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPTransport.DLL
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/xAPUI.DLL

file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0__b03f5f7f1
file:///H:/Program%20Files/xAP%20Gui/SandBar.DLL

file:///h:/windows/assembly/gac/system.xml/1.0.5000.0__b77a5c561934e

enabled.

/> </configuration>

will be sent

being handled