Re: Re: Newbie ...Xap news how to configure

Gary wrote:
> ok thanks Glen, thats what i expected... strange its now working?

This could just be the collection delay kicking it. By default the
collections are spaced out to prevent big bandwidth spikes. Check
the"Seconds between collections" for the feed in question. Also
if you
edit a news feed then xAP News will re-collect the feed 5 seconds after
you click update.

>> As to online help, sire there is... His name is James, and he
posts to
>> the list frequently... ;-)

I try but having a busy time of late!
>> Oh, and the TiVo Now Playing RSS feed that I linked to earlier
must not
>> be in proper XML format, because it shows up blank.  It works in
Feed
>> Demon, but not in News.

yep, send me over a copy and i'll see why it's not parsing. There are
many different versions of RSS and RDF, quite how something so simple
can need so many revisions!

As for News documentation, I am working on it - honest.

James