Re: Newbie ...Xap news how to configure

  • Subject: Re: Newbie ...Xap news how to configure
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:37:56 -0000

Ok thanks glen got that!

I have it working but only getting 5 headlines for each subject i have
set up?

Are there online docs for Xap news? as there seems little to tell you
what to do... although i must say not to much to learn.. just above i
hope?

Regards

Gary

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"
<gsullivan@d...> wrote:

> Go to the site that hosts the feed, and find the red RSS icon.
>
> Right click and "Copy Shortcut" and paste that into the
URL...

> Got a TiVo?  Install this module:
> http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=271578
>
> And get a quick interface to your now playing list...
>
> HTH,
>
> Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
> David Clark Company Inc.
Behalf Of Gary
> Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:43 AM
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [xap_automation] Re: Newbie ...Xap news how to configure
>
> Thanks Glen,
>
> have actually got that far, but don't know how to add the url etc...
> especially for newssfeeds for the bbc would they be an rss feed and i
> add that? If so how?
>

> Regards
>

> Gary
>

> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Sullivan, Glenn"
> <gsullivan@d...> wrote:
> >
> > On the machine that it is installed on, open the News web page,
and
> > click on the screwdriver at the bottom.
> >
> > But this only works from the machine where the app is
installed...