From: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
[mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of James
Sent: Wednesday, 3 August 2005 11:04 a.m.
To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Time event xap msg generation

Shane,

As Kevin mentions, Floorplan is capable of timers, general purpose xAP
scripting and a rather nice web view of everything. He also mentioned that
the timers are basic and will be expanded in future release, this is
absolutely true but then maybe not!
Timers are scripts that can fire at a specified time and from the overview
that's all they do. However as each timer is a script you can add to the
script processes that narrow down what it would do and when. For example if
you want a light to come on as an alarm clock on weekdays only you may
think
you can't do this but by using a little process to a script you can easily
stop it firing at the weekends, eg:
Sub Main()
x=weekday(Date,vbMonday)
if x=6 or x=7 then exit sub
ret=xap.sendbscstate("ersp.x10.server:james.lights","on")
End Sub
so the timer will fire this script at it's preset time every day but only
on a weekday will it turn the lights on.

Future versions of Floorplan will alow a more point and click interface to
timers in a similar way to how Desktop deals with events but hopefully the
above will help expand what may at first glance be an oversimplistic timer.
hth
James

Shane Harrison wrote:
Excellent. Thanks for the pointers and putting me right. I'll take a
look.

Cheers
Shane