Re: Re: Asterisk - xAP

<groups@s...>
>wrote:
>

>>Thanks Greg, sounds good :)
>>
>>Let us know how it goes and if you need any testing.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>
>>Paul.
>>

>Greg,
>
>DITTO Paul - I'll help out with testing where I can.

Great--I could use testing help--especially w/ configs/usage patterns
different than mine.  That being said, it's not yet ready to be released
for testing.

>I was going to look into how the Flash Operator Panel worked to pick
>up
>the same information. What OS will your TCP client run on?

Any OS capable of running Perl (which is virtually all).  And, in case
it's not obvious, the * manager interface being TCP will allow this
application to run on systems other than the one that hosts *.  That
being said, I've not yet implemented code that automatically handles *
manager interface connection drops and reconnects (if asterisk comes and
goes).  My intention is to invoke the app from the safe_asterisk shell
script--which will mean that it will run just after * starts and
therefore ought to connect.  I'll probably defer the auto-reconnection
stuff later and embed drops/reconnect info into some a BSC event.  Which
does remind me, the intent is to output BSC state info on the
devices/lines in addition to the telephony events.  That's probably how
Paul's request for info on pending voicemail messages will work.

Gregg