From: James Traynor=20
To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx=20
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [xap_automation] Re: xAP & RIO/netgear router help/advice
ne=
eded ;o)

Jonathan@xxxxxxx wrote:

>hi kevin,
>
>i've just been downstairs to grab a coffee, looked on the desktop=20
>for the weather - and guess whats happened ? its now displaying=20
>correctly.
>
>not sure whats happened - except the installation of the weather=20
>client.
>=20=20

As Kevin has already mentioned weather only sends out data periodically,=
=20
every 600 seconds by default. But also as you have found out a cup of=20
coffee fixes most IT things!.=20
I have been meaning to add request features to Weather so that a remote=20
application like Desktop could get the data when it wants rather than=20
having to wait.
Http://www.mi4.biz/downloads/weather18test3.zip
now has this feature.
In xAP speak:
class=3Dweather.request
request
{
request=3DXXX
}
where XXX is all,report,forecast - I'll leave you to guess which does wha=
t.

What is really means for Desktop.
If you add the enclosed file to the weather display in Desktop, when=20
Desktop starts up it will query for the current weather data so the=20
disaplay won't have a blank box while it waits.

You should copy the file to c:\program files\xAP=20
Desktop\Library\MoreWeather   and  c:\program files\xAP=20
Desktop\DisplayXX   where XX is the display number where you loaded the=20
weather display (probably 01). Next time you restart Desktop you should=20
get instant weather!

HTH

James