Re: xAP & RIO/netgear router help/advice needed ;o)

  • Subject: Re: xAP & RIO/netgear router help/advice needed ;o)
  • From: Jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:54:20 -0000

hi kevin,

no, i'm running xp pro, no service packs except for the .net stuff.

using the 'xAP Hub' i can see: mi4 - desktop - mp3-server (mp3-
server being my machine name) and thats it (this is all in the left
hand window and is sub to KCsoft.Hub.mp3-server)

yeah, all the xap / xpl stuff is on the server machine

so in answer to your q, no i do not see weather as a distinct app
under the desktop

any thoughts ?
Jonathan.

> Nope - although are you running Win XP with SP2  ??
>
> You only need to forward xAP ports if you wanted to send xAP
messages
> out on the internet (which in general you wont).  You are just
pulling
> html / xml data off the internet. Are all your xAP's and xPL
things on
> one machine ??
>
> Do you see both xAP Desktop and xAP Weather as distinct
applications