Re: Re: xAP & RIO/netgear router help/advice needed ;o)

Jonathan@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Hi Kevin,
>
>thanks for the quick response,
>
>just a thought, do i need to open or port forward any ports on my
>firewall ?
>
>yeah, i closed down the desktop, opened up the hub, and then the
>desktop. i can see events on the right hand side of the window, but
>they are only echo's and a 'hub client connect'
>
>the weather icon still contains a massive ? !!
>
>kind regards,
>Jonathan.

Could you look at the contents of the weather.ini file in the xAP
Weather folder (Program Files) and paste it here and I will try it. It
works for me..   My content for my location here is ...

Station=EGNM
Forecast=EGNM
UID=4001
TimeBetweenSends=600
TimeBetweenCollections=1200
Longitude=1.78
Latitude=53.65
Slimp3=Yes
Tivo=No

When xAP Weather starts up what does it put in  its own window on the
screen  (click the tray icon if it is hidden) - does it ever say
collecting data ??

You are running xAP Weather and not just xAP Desktop arent you ??

Kevin