Re: xAP & RIO/netgear router help/advice needed ;o)

max barker wrote:

> I can give a few pointers with xAP weather.
>
> First thing first, if you want to run more than one xAP application on
> the same pc, you'll need a xAP hub.
> There's a multiplatform one at http://patrick.lidstone.net/ha
(site
> appears to be down at the moment) and a windows .NET based one
> http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5
> <http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=5>
The
> .net GUI is great for starting with.

...also Jonathan - as you  re using xPL HAL too you might prefer to just
enable the xAP hub/bridge support in there  - ( it is disabled by
default).  Right click on

'localhost' > Properties > Enable xAP support  [ ]

and tick the box  - you may need to restart xPL HAL.

If you now run xAP Viewer instead of xAP hub you should see that it is
not running as a hub anymore . Viewer offers all the same features as
hub (and more) and additionally when just idling you will now only need
one app as the hub. The bridge function in xPL HAL requires that xPL HAL
be the hub too.

Kevin