Re: my setup seems to have a slim connector problem.

  • Subject: Re: my setup seems to have a slim connector problem.
  • From: "doggtablet" <darrellehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:19:41 -0000

Kevin,

Thanks for the reponse. Yes it is strange, I know its in my setup, but
where ?

I did as you suggested and setup softsqueeze as the only player, same
results as soundbridge.

Please let me try to clarify, I was in a big hurry when I posted before.

This does not happen when I first load the slimconnector (xapconsole
v1.2.8.1) all values in all fields are correctly displayed in
(HomeSeer xap plugin, mcsmusic plugin, slim web browser, soundbridge,
softsqueeze) everything works fine.

After a point, I am not sure what exactly triggers this, it could be 5
min or at the most (sofar)3 hours. it can happen 5 songs after I
restart xapconsole or it has been as much as 26 songs. When it does
all I get are xap messages like that one, even if I select a song that
previously displayed correctly before it broke.

The soundbridge, softsqueeze and slim web browser display the correct
values, in the correct fields, while HS and mcsmusic display whatever
is sent in the the xap message.

When it breaks it is broken untill I restart the xapconsole. Then all
is good, till it happens again. This happens when I use the xap GUI
version also.

Older version of slim? now I am not sure but I thought that slim ver
5.2.1 was the most current non-beta release of slimserver. What is the
current version, I will try it maybe thats the problem.

Thanks again,

Darrell

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:
> Hi Darrell,
>
>     I'll leave this to S for some more 'qualified'  thoughts but  most
> strange - I have never experienced this and I use the Slim Connector a
> lot - but I can see that it is happening for you. It is also strange
> that sometimes these values are correct and sometimes incorrect.  On
the
> incorrect ones from what you say I do assume that these display
> correctly on the player ?
>
>     I note you are using an older SlimServer - this is I guess because
> the current SlimServer doesnt work with the SoundBridge ??  I wonder
if
> anything was broken in the CLI interface to that SlimServer version
> perhaps. (I can't imagine the Soundbridge interaction is causing this
> but one way to check it would be to just play to SoftSqueeze as your
> player (temporarily forget the Roku unit) ).
>
>     Are the tracks that display wrong consistently doing this or
does it
> vary ??  If it is consistent could you email me a sample track that
> displays wrong (offlist) and I will try it here. Maybe there is some
> data incosistency in the tag information - perhaps between the
different
> version tags ??
>
>     Just for the record what version of the SlimConnector are you
> running ??
>

>   Kevin
>

> doggtablet wrote:
>
> >Help,
> >
> >SlimServer ver: 5.2.1 with slimserver connector console. Some how
I am