RE: Digiguide?

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C4BF6A.56B445B0

I use DigiGuide and xAP to change channel on my TV. There's a simple
scripting plugin for DigiGuide that lets you call a vbscript or jscript.
This is handy because it means you don't have to mess with the DigiGuide
AP=
just use simple script.
=20
The script plugin .ini file lets you add events and context menu items. I
just use a 'change channel' menu item on the channel bar. I compose the xAP
messages in vbscript and then shell out to Stuart B's xAP send utility. xAP
messages are picked up by Stuart's RedRat connector. I run digiguide on a
laptop that's generally lives on the coffe table - the red rat is on
anothe=
PC which feeds into my wired IR distribution.
=20
The Digiguide scripting plugin (DG script) is at:
http://freespace.virgin.net/julian.cable/DGscript.html
=20
The send program, red rat connector etc are at:
www.xapframework.net
=20
=20
My script is pasted below. I have a line in the scripting.ini fle to call
i=
from the channel menu:
=20
[ChannelMenu]
Menu0=3DSelect channel on Sky box
=20
Edward
=20
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
=20
Const ForReading =3D 1, ForWriting =3D 2, ForAppending =3D 8
Dim argv, chanNo, digits, i, digit
Dim fso, f, shell, network, host
=20
Set argv =3D WScript.Arguments
Set fso =3D CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set shell =3D WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Set f =3D fso.OpenTextFile("tune.xap", ForWriting, True)
Set network =3D WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")
=20
host =3D lcase(network.ComputerName)
=20
chanNo =3D argv(1)
=20
digits =3D len(chanNo)
=20
StartXAPScript f
=20
for i =3D 1 to digits
digit =3D mid(chanNo, i, 1)
WriteXAPScriptBody f, "Sky+", CStr(digit)
next
=20
EndXAPScript f
=20
shell.Run "tune.xap", 2, true
=20
fso.DeleteFile("tune.xap")
=20
=20
=20
Sub StartXAPScript(f)
f.writeline "xap-header"
f.writeline "{"
f.writeline "    v=3D12"
f.writeline "    hop=3D1"
f.writeline "    uid=3DFF123400"
f.writeline "    class=3DIR.Transmit"
f.writeline "    source=3Dersp.digiGuide." + host
f.writeline "}"
End Sub
=20

Sub WriteXAPScriptBody(f, device, signal)
f.writeline "IR.Signal"
f.writeline "{"
f.writeline "    device=3D" + device
f.writeline "    signal=3D" + signal