Re: xap Ping 2

1)ping results says it can see amityone which isnt right

No that isn't right. Just did a few checks here and it looks ok but I
will do some more tests.  Could you try using its IP address as see if
that helps, as it might be a dns/netbios issue

>2)message display says its gone away which is right (but can I turn
>this off or send it to a target?)

I will add and on/off/target option, good idea.

>3)Its sending an mail.outgoing even though I have asked it not to
>and haven't defined my server and the body text message is also
>incorrect

Well it should send it, you have defined it and it is working ;-)
Your server is set to xAP so it's trying to use a xAP to email gateway,
hence all the xAP mail messages

SMTPServer=xAP
change this to
SMTPServer=
to disable

and because you are running HomeSeer with the xAP plugin and that has it's
email server configured you already have a fully working xAP/Email gateway.
I know this 'cos at some point while you were testing it an email was sent
to xap@xxxxxxx, which confused me totally as I have a pc called hserver and
I started to panic! (I have removed this default btw)

Whatever is causing the error in your first question is also causing the
odd message body here.

I will get back to you with more info

James