Re: Re: Help With Caller ID Please

Oops swapped messages...

turner228 wrote:

>Hi again
>
>Digging a bit deeper, I now have it working, but I am not sure if
>what I have done is a hack or legitimate configuration !

You can do what you want here really - you are just choosing how to
display the info. The real idea was that the name supplied in the
CID.INCOMING schema derived from the information provided from your
Telco - ie some calls might have it and some might not.  There is also
an issue of a chosen 'presentation' name - for example a major company
might just present ACME even though the call came from many different
tel numbers/offices within their organisation.  As it never materialised
in the UK it's a it of a mute point although it does exist in the US.
CID.LOOKUP was a schema which by inference was looking up a name from a
number using a local database of some form, so instead of A.N.Other
which was a Telco provided name you could have "Kevin's Sister"
or
something if you wanted.

>I have made some changes to the settings.txt file in the Caller ID
>directory under Library and changed the line xAPvar=name as follows
>
>---------------------------------xAP Variables
>xAPVar=number,>,cid.incoming,cid.incoming,phone,200,20
>xAPVar=name,>,cid.incoming,cid.incoming,name,255,10
>xAPVar=std,>,cid.lookup,cid.info,stdarea,-1,-1
>xAPVar=dialled,>,cid.meteor,outgoing.digitpressed,dialled,200,10
>xAPVar=title,>,cid.meteor,outgoing.callinitiated,datetime,255,10
>xAPVar=company,>,cid.lookup,cid.info,company,-1,-1
>
>Then unloaded and reloaded caller ID
>
>The schema indicates that the caller name be in quotes, unless I am
>reading that wrong, but the callerID window shows the quotes (?)

Quotes shouldnt be there - all characters after the = in a xAP message
are significant up to the terminating  LF chr(10)

>Kevin

Kevin