xAP IRC Channel

Hi,

After discussions yesterday evening on MSN the following comment was passed
"What we need is an IRC channel".

Well for those that arn't aware we do have on on the nixhelp network. I
know
that IRC for some can seem like a different world, but the "tone"
of a
channel is really down to the individuals within it.

For those who user IRC, details are as follows,

server: irc.nixhelp.org.uk
port: 6667
chan: #xap

A simple tutorial can be found here

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=Contacts

To use the xAP channel simply replace #ukha with #xap in the above.

Please give it a go, hopefully we can improve communications between
developers and end users, problems can quickly be solved using IRC and new
ideas can be discussed in what is an open forum for both users and
developers.

I'm not intending that this is a replacement for any of the xAP lists, more
a supplement to promote discussion.

Regards

Stuart