xAPTel - a CallerID application

  • Subject: xAPTel - a CallerID application
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:50:17 +0100

I am pleased to release the first public beta of xAPTel which is a Windows
CID / CTI (Computer Telephony Integration) product initially for the
Meteor,
Meteor Plus and Pegasus. It provides CID information that is compatible
with
the (awesome) new xAP Desktop from mi4. It fully supports incoming and
outgoing calls.

I would very much appreciate any Meteor users trying this out and letting
me
have some feedback , either directly or on this list. An installer is not
provided with this version so it will require a bit of file copying and
manually registering the two OCX files. A ReadMe file is included in the
release, please do as the name suggests ;-)

I hope to add support for some other CallerID modems and other devices and
at the end of the readme are a few up and coming thoughts on new features.
It would be nice to have a couple of US devices supported too. Likewise the
Pegasus unit will be supported as a dial out device. If you have a
favourite
device you would like adding then let me know.

The v0.9 zip file can be downloaded from
http://www.ukusa.demon.co.uk/xAPTel.zip

This release still has some error trapping to add but is essentially
feature
complete. Some more features will be added in the v1.1 release - any other
suggestions please let me know. This is essentially a xAP application whose
purpose is to get the CID/CTI information onto and out of xAP, it is not
aimed at being a fully featured standalone Call Logging application.

Kevin