RE: Caller ID

------=_NextPart_000_004A_01C44320.0FC093F0

Hello Steve,

I take it by "xAP Caller ID " you mean you have installed the
Pace
software from mi4 ?

What I am guessing is happening here is that the Zoom modem does not
enable and report CallerID information in the same way that the Pace modem
does and the mi4 application is specifically for the Pace modem as the name
suggests. Are you using the Zoom modem in the UK on a BT CallerID system I
wonder ? - just curious as it's nice to know there is another modem that
works here for CallerID.

So we need an application to support the internal Zoom modem I guess.
Can you provide  the 'AT' command sequence that is sent to the modem to
'enable' Caller ID reporting and then an example of the message that the
modem sends when it receives an incoming call. The very best way to do this
would be to open a communications window using something like Hyperterminal
to the modem on COM3 and then show the typed command to the modem and the
this screen and post it here. With that information it should be possible
fairly easily add support for your modem and get you up and running in xAP.
Indeed if anyone else has a CallerID capable modem (US or UK) that they
would like supported then please supply this information.

I am about to release xAPCTI which is a Windows CID/telephony
integration conduit for xAP, hopefully the final beta will be posted here
today . The conduit initially supports CallerID and dialled digit reporting
but later will support automated dialling via xAP assuming you have capable
hardware, a Pegasus or modem of course would have this. Although my
application currently supports the Meteor, Meteor Plus and Pegasus units I
am looking to support some CID capable modems too in an upcoming version,
so with this information I can add the Zoom.  It may also be possible for
the mi4 application to be tweaked to support the Zoom too and I'll leave
that to James to address.  James if you supply me the Pace init strings and
response I can add your modem to xAPCTI if you wish...

Lastly Steve, if you are struggling with this info then maybe you can point
me to a list of the Hayes 'AT' sommands that your modem uses somewhere on
the internet and I may be able to gleam some info from there. What is the
exact model number of the modem.

Kevin

_____