Re: POP3 feature request

On Tue, 25 May 2004 16:29:36 +0100, "max barker"
<max@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Stuart,
>Another couple of requests. I think this one's on your list already.
Can you make different mailboxes/usernames to have different OSD settings.
>eg mailbox1 full new, digest and total alerts.
>mailbox2 new and total alerts
>mailbox3 no alerts

Sure can. Not immediately though as there are a couple of other items
heading the list. V.soon though, promise...

>Would it be possible to add the username to the end of the source, like
the slimserver player names.

Aha! This one I implemented a good while ago!! Bonus. Unfortunately I
still haven't got onto implementing the GUI configuration interface so
I've never released this as a new build. And you've just reminded me
that James is after a copy of this too.

I'll see what I can sort out for you tonight.

It basically uses subaddresses in the source address to show both the
mailbox and the user from which the xAP message originates. As I
recall it looks something like:

KCSoft.POP3.anya:mail_domainname_com.username

Where '.'s are replaced by _'s.

>  Am I right in thinking that when you send a mail.request, if the
mailbox is empty it doesn't reply? That's the behaviour I'm seeing here.
>  Can you make it so it at least send a total=0 in the status?

I have yet to go and have a look to see what it's doing, but that
sounds like a good plan to me.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/