Re: Display designer question

  • Subject: Re: Display designer question
  • From: James Traynor
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 18:22:00 +0000

matthewab2001 wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I`m pretty new to this so go easy on me if its an obvious one, but,
> I want the weather icon to appear on the far RIGHT of the screen,
> not the left, where it currently sits, is there any way in screen
> desinger for it to get the resolution of the display? I change
> screenmodes a fair bit so I need to tell it to set the position
> based on the screen width, if you follow me. Is this possible?
Not currently but very easy to add, it will be in the next build.
I guess it will be in the form of SH-200,SW-300 i.e 200 pixels from the
screen base and 300 from the right hand edge(SH=screen height,SW=screen
width). This would only apply to non-movable displays like the weather
one or when a display is loaded for the first time. This is because when
exiting Desktop saves the current position of every window so that they
will then re-open in the same place (this is the xy.txt file inside each
Display folder)

James