Re: Re: Newbie Question

  • Subject: Re: Re: Newbie Question
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:49:00 +0000

On Fri, 21 May 2004 07:37:22 +0100, "Nigel Giddings"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=FoRsHqFA1OGlqqnCerCW8eTxsOH4E3-kQH0E5sZCzRjaz0YjjDnG0IKkzb0DDNJdDVyaDC2tD_UjgoYN9R2d6igBzOY">nigel.giddings@u...</a>>
wrote:

>I can understand why you might like the control of being able to
>manually install apps on a machine, however, I do prefer packages,
>especially when it creates folders of standard names. I used xap/xap
xxx
>as a directory structure in the program files and the other app
>installed as (xapframework or similar) small point but means I will
have
>an untidy folder eventually. Being able to use the windows uninstaller
>is also a benefit. I had thought this would be more work for you but it
>does make it 'user friendly'.

Okay, that's interesting to hear somebody else's preferences.

>Would this type of correspondence be better handled in a forum rather
>than e-mail list. I see a number of phpNuke sites but no forums area...

I think that's a classic and popular question across all types of
'user groups'. Some folks prefer web forums, others email. I
personally MUCH prefer the YahooGroup rather than dispersing us
blethering amongst ourselves across multiple different locations,
fragmenting the discussions. I like email being pushed to me, rather
than my having to go get the data from forums (many of which I find
terribly inaccessible).

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=2FAZB-7L0B5rDdZSpkcCQe51sr6DO-Ymu5el8Eop3aphw-k4jCXNKtgOoGwVzhWMByf9vev5M4fTMW8K4XY">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net