Re: xAP Weather Install

  • Subject: Re: xAP Weather Install
  • From: alanmiddleton74
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:25:00 +0000

I got the same when I tried id=3681 - I suspect it happens when the
weather reported is something that the programmer wasn't expecting,
ie
if sunny
show sunny icon
else if rainy
show rainy icon
else
show dunno

I suspect that this is a temporary glitch since whatever the weather
in sevenoaks (3681) is coming back with today hasn't been catered for
in the program. Tomorrow it will probably work fine. Unless there is
a full documented list of weather states (or whatever is driving the
icon) from the bbc then this may happen without it being a bug as
such just an unknown state. Possibly after x weeks and reports of
problems all possibly cases will have been documented.

Try id=3799 , which I think is Egham and see what comes back. I get
the icon cloudy3 atm.

Again still wearing my xap novice hat and no slights intended to the
original programmer or anyone involved in xap :)

Kind Regards

Alan.
--- In <a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=Ups5ejx286kzipPLpuNPIEL5QpUOC-7krpwu6KEZCUcXh2vovkWhKa-8ZCp25O26LM4ITgfHMjlnYMj5PhWPlgTqfS4dzg">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"nigelgiddings"
<nigel.giddings@u...> wrote:
> Alan,
>
> Your not as much a novice as me, its working... I edited the config
> file and entered 'station=id=3681' and its finding the data.
>
> Still have one issue when you look at the message I get
>
> icon=dunno in weather.report
>
> This doesn't look right to me?
>
> Any more suggestions
>
> Nigel