Re: Slim Conduit Feature request

  • Subject: Re: Slim Conduit Feature request
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:35:00 +0000

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 00:18:29 +0000, James Traynor <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=Gq6luiuuOcCROo_x-1vopXn6x-Q9UAYjpXx78HIeOgEZeWdI6TvzFT7Qkk5u-eFuzJg7OuoMhA">james@m...</a>>
wrote:

>I have two slims currently which are fairly close by. One is set to
>double height and one on normal. I just like the clock display at
double
>height, very readable and a bit of 80s throwback as well.

Please don't tell me you want the message to be scrolled across both
Slims as one longer width display!!!

I'll add this in as an option on the UI somewhere as it's very easy to
arrange.

> I think this
>may be a bug in the slimserver but I've noticed when a display comes in
>that the double line slim can display without any scrolling the double
>height slim doesn't scroll either and never shows the full message. If
>the double line slim has to scroll then both the slims scroll properly
>odd!

I've had scrolling issues in certain circumstances too. In fact I
updated from SlimServer v5.0.01 last night for specifically this
reason. I wanted to remove any vague confusion and just whatever the
current build is.

>>>oh and a polite reminder about dimming an off display to full
when a OSD
>>>comes in!

>Could you also make it brighten a dimmed display to full for the
>duration of the message as well?

Get the requests in whilst I'm in the area, just in case I don't come
back to it for a while, as seems to be the way a lot of the time!

The latter suggestion I'll definitely make optional in the UI. The
former though, I guess I should make that optional too rather than
just impose it on you - you might turn the display off so as to not
get bugged by OSD messages.

Mmmmm, maybe there's something to be said for putting this information
into the message itself? A setting in the Conduit might not be
appropriate for ALL messages. But it would be a good start.

You can control all of this remotely by sending the appropriate xAP
messages. You can query the status of the brightness settings, both on
and off, set the brightness level for both on and off power statuses.
And, with the latest build, you can query the power status itself
which was previously missing.

All the Connnector/Conduit does is apply these queries for you. I can
see them fighting over each other if not correctly adjusted in the
environment that uses them. Therefore I'll probably leave them off by
default.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=2NT8WHzS3KleN_WDEcZMkfoH3Qx2Ua200Jy1_PzKWAgqD4o_r8DHbMi65Kdw91CiVja8c6juKG8akcZfmZX74w">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net