Re: New SlimServer Connector now available

  • Subject: Re: New SlimServer Connector now available
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:03:00 +0000

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 20:44:51 -0000, "Max Barker"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=E3_1jOyvHqUu2t3KdUUnmnc7ECHGMpczaQrsDAdHcF7vdh_hJiLX9TDqMrtHm3XRcgJbrN9rvs1TBN1pqN7Tpfk">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>Are the slim events to xap messages only available on the GUI at the
moment?

No, they ought to be coming out of all 3 versions in the exact same
manner. I was testing the Service version before uploading it
yesterday and it was reporting things fine. I left it all running on
repeat whilst I was watching WSB yesterday.

What I would suggest you try is sending the service version of the
SlimConnector a query message, for instance:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400
Class=xAP-Audio.Query
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
}
Audio.Query
{
Query=mode
}

You should find this in the Samples directory, called
"Audio.Query.Mode.xap".

The Service version should respond to this which you'll see in Viewer
if all is well. It may kick things into life if it isn't already.

I'll be adding some more status broadcasts I think which may help
diagnose this problem.

Was the SlimServer definitely up at the time the Connector fired into
life? The Query message (or any other, such as an OSD message) should
put the two in touch if they weren't already.

I confess I don't tend to use the Service version much as I'm always
fiddling with things so they're up and down... You could try
starting/stopping the Service version to see how it likes that.

Some status information that Viewer can pick up will be very helpful
in these circumstances I think. I'll get onto that.

> I installed the newest service last night and didn't notice any
transport or
IR messages on viewer. Downloaded the GUI this afternoon and they're
everywhere!

--

It does get quite excited, doesn't it! It's a nice xAPplication for
seeing 'stuff' happening and one I regularly use to check things are

Event (something has happened/changed) and Information (this is what
is occuring) broadcasts can be informative to many other xAP
applications and devices I hope.

>The IR feedback is very interesting.
>Not tested this yet. If you alter the jvc_dvd.ir file in slimserver and
remove
the labels for the buttons, you've got unique "blank" buttons
being reported
over the CLI.
>So you can launch a xAP message via IR without affecting playback.
>Presumably you could pick up that IR message and use it to trigger
something
more useful, like an X10 A1 on xap message.

--

EXACTLY! Got it in one there! It opens up some interesting
possibilities indeed. And it doesn't respond to many buttons when the

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=nKggS5Muz1av8reT6oZfa0uP_OYw5pT-67sN--jLkgDCyHmHyLhXOsXnK85oHomBNd_tPOOD4isqOXFTzbY">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net