RE: Hmm... I seem to have a problem...

  • Subject: RE: Hmm... I seem to have a problem...
  • From: "Chris Dodge" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 09:27:05 +0100

Hi,

> After trying a few different things, tonight I finally figured out it
was
> caused by running the apps over a shared network drive.   Once I moved
the
> xAP files (.exe and .dlls) from the drive on the 2nd box (which
worked) to
> local drive on the 1st box, the apps started working!
>
> I searched the message list and see there were at least 2 others who
ran
> into the same error, so I wonder if they also were running from remote
> drives ("re: Updated SliMP3 Connector app available" and
"re: Slim
connector
> problem").  Or maybe there is some sort of timing issue with
> dlls and the speed of the drives matter??

This is a .NET security thing - by default it does not allow you to run a
.NET applications from a network drive.

To change this, use the ".NET Framework Configuration 1.1" tool,
which on XP
is found at:

Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> MS .NET Framework 1.1
Configuration.

Once started, select "Runtime Security Policy", then "Adjust
Zone Securty"
either for yourself or all users and then set "Local Intranet" to
full
trust.

Cheers

Chris