RE: X10

------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C44CF3.09DD52C0

Stuart has shamed me into doing a little schema documentation :-/
=20
(Patrick, please comment on any inaccuracies, this was determined by a
combination of your documentation and source code)
=20

There are currently (June 2004) two xAP X10 connectors,
both of which support the CM11 and CM12 X10 adaptors.
=20
1) by Patrick Lidstone is written for Linux (or Windows via CYGWin)
2) by Edward Pearson for Windows .NET v1.1 using xAP Framework by Stuart
Booth
=20
both connectors support the following core schema:
=20
class=3Dxap-x10.request
=20
-- sent from xAP to X10
=20
xap-x10.request=20
{=20
command=3D(on  off)
-- mandatory
device=3D(X10 device being addressed eg, A1  B8  M10 etc)=20
-- mandatory
}
or
xap-x10.request=20
{
command=3D(bright  dim)
-- mandatory
device=3D(X10 device being addressed eg, A1  B8  M10 etc)=20
-- mandatory
count=3D(0-100)
-- mandatory
}
=20
class=3Dxap-x10.event
=20
-- sent from X10 to xAP
=20=20=20=20
xap-x10.event=20
{=20
event=3D(on  off)=20
-- mandatory
device=3D(X10 device active eg, A1  B8  M10 etc)=20
-- mandatory
}
or=20
xap-x10.event
{=20
event=3D(dim  bright)=20
-- mandatory
device=3D(X10 device active eg, A1  B8  M10 etc)=20
-- mandatory
count=3D(0-100)=20
-- mandatory
}
=20
Patrick's connector also reports the following events:
=20
all_lights_on, all_lights_off, all_units_off
=20
Due to a pointless clash of keyword styles, Edward's connector reports
thes=
as:
=20
AllLightsOn, AllLightsOff, AllUnitsOff
=20
apologies, these will be brought into line shortly :-/
=20

Edward's connector supports the following extension to the core schema:
=20
1) Multiple xAP addressed devices
=20
A comma separated list of devices can be specified for the device parameter
of the request message. For example:
=20
xap-x10.request=20
{=20
command=3Don
device=3DA1,A2,B7,M10=20
}
=20
Devices on the same house code will be addressed as a set and then
'commanded',
devices on separate house codes will be treated in alphabetical order.
=20
2) Consolidation of multiple X10 addressed devices
=20
Multiple devices will also be reported for event messages if more than one
device is addressed and commanded (on a single house code) by another X10
controller, eg:
=20
xap-x10.event=20
{=20