Re: xAP and how to interface to a Pic Micro?

  • Subject: Re: xAP and how to interface to a Pic Micro?
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 13:28:21 -0000

I will be writing the software using PICBASIC, i can do asm if needed?

Can anyone tell me the timing of the transmitted data, is it anything
like RS232 data?

also what exactly has to be sent out and received for xAP to identify
the PIC?

Just a brief overview so i can see how much coding will be required!

Thanks Gary

PS: I did do search for PIC  but didn't turn up anything? am i doing
something wrong, as im sure there should be some on here?

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@u...>

http://www.xapautomation.org/modules.php?name=xAP_Content&pa=showpage&pid=xa
> pcurrent
>
> 	There are a couple of people who have implemented xAP on a PIC, take
> a search back through this list and also the xAP Developer list for
'PIC'
> and I think it will pull out the posts. I have done some work on the
Rabbit
> in C and Ian has used the Atmel processors. In addition Patrick did
some
> work on a PIC xAP library - I am not sure how evolved that code is but
> believe it is quite efficient at under 1K in size so that would be
very
> helpful as a starting point. What are you programming the PIC in ??
>
> 	The tools to connect the PIC to the PC - ie a PC based bridge
> program I think are already available again with one of Patricks
> applications. Depending on the volume of data you envisage sending,
the
> serial link speed and on which network transport the other devices
will be
> located you might want to apply some filtering to the bridge
implementation.

> 	Kevin

Micro?